Former US Attorney General Ramsey Clark – 2004-08-19 23:40:25
Below is the Indictment Written by Former US Attorney General Ramsey Clark.
On Thursday, August 26, there will be a reading of the indictment and presentation of evidence from expert witnesses, eyewitnesses, GI resisters, and representatives from international sessions of the World Tribunal on Iraq. The event will take place from 3-9 pm at tje Marin Luther King Auditorium 65th & Amsterdam in New York City.
This Criminal Indictment Charges George W. Bush, Richard B. Cheney, Colin Powell, Donald H. Rumsfeld, John D. Ashcroft, Tommy Franks, and his successors as Commander of U.S. Forces in Iraq, George J. Tenet, L. Paul Bremer, III, John Negroponte and others to be named with Crimes Against Peace, War Crimes, Crimes Against Humanity and other criminal acts in violation of the Charter of the United Nations, International Law, the Constitution of the United States and Laws Made in Pursuance Thereof.
The Crimes Charged are:
1. Waging a War of Aggression against the sovereignty of Iraq and the rights of its people, resulting in tens of thousands of deaths and injuries among the people of Iraq, most civilians, from military violence and thousands of U.S. G.I’s. War of aggression is defined as “the Supreme international crime” in the Nuremberg Judgment.
2. Authorizing, encouraging and condoning the use of excessive force, in terrorem, tactics called “Shock and Awe”, targeting defenseless civilians and, civilians facilities and indiscriminate bombing and assaults.
3. Authorizing and ordering the use of illegal weapons including super bombs, cluster bombs, depleted uranium enhanced bombs, missiles, shells and bullets and threatening the use of nuclear weapons.
4. Authorizing, ordering, concealing and condoning assassinations, summary executions, murders, disappearances, kidnappings and torture.
5. Authorizing, financing, utilizing and condoning illegal violence, use of force and torture by highly paid paramilitary civilian forces operating anonymously and not accountable to US supervisors for their acts, who kill, coerce, control and contain the Iraqi population.
6. Authorizing, ordering and condoning the systematic destruction of economic, social, cultural, medical, educational, governmental and diplomatic resources, properties and facilities throughout Iraq.
7. Authorizing, ordering and condoning acts designed to divide the Iraqi population to cause internal conflict and violence among major segments of the society, ethnic, religious, political and economic, in order to weaken and exhaust the population and bring all segments under the control of a new surrogate government submissive to US command. .
8. Authorizing, imposing and maintaining a violent, criminal military occupation over Iraq which kills defenseless Iraqi’s daily and fans the flames of anti-US anger worldwide.
9. Defying and incapacitating the peace making capacity and role of the United Nations by unilateral actions to undermine its potential effectiveness while continuing to coerce and use the UN to pursue US policies in Iraq and elsewhere, and coercing and enticing other nations to support US policies and actions in violation of international law in the UN Security Council and against Iraq and other nations.
10. Engaging in systematic acts to undermine and destroy international laws and treaties designed to prevent and control war, weapons of mass and indiscriminate destruction; limit participants in military service; protect the environment; prevent the economic exploitation of poor nations; and engaging systematic acts to obstruct justice by the evisceration of the International Criminal Court and manipulation or defiance of other international judicial and regulatory bodies that might seek to hold the US accountable to international law and the will of the majority of the people of the international community.
11. Manifesting their continuing commitment to world domination by ordering, directing and condoning violent regime change in Haiti in March 2004 to replace the independent, elected democratic President Jean Bertrand Aristide with a US selected and controlled neo Duvalierist surrogate causing growing violence, hundreds of deaths and further impoverishment of the Haitian people.
12. Threatening the sovereignty and independence of nations, and acting to change regimes that refuse to yield to US demands for economic subservience and political control for U.S. corporate and government interests, including most prominently Cuba, Iran, a divided Korea, the Philippines, Syria, Sudan and Venezuela; and supporting Israel’s illegal occupation, brutalization and expanding settlement of Palestine in defiance of the United Nations, international law and world opinion; all of which adds to international anger and violence against the United States and its citizens.
13. Destroying the sovereignty, right to self determination, cultural integrity and control of its own resources of Iraq and its peoples by imposing an interim government headed by a long time CIA asset who directed violence against Iraqi civilians for the US in the 1990’s; and manipulating procedures for the imposition of a new Constitution drafted by and installation of a new government chosen through controlled electoral processes and subservient to the will and command of the US government.
14. Usurping the war powers delegated in the constitution to the Congress to pursue wars of aggression and other unlawful military actions; and attempting to pack the federal courts with judges committed to ideologies in conflict with the Constitution of the United States to achieve judicial decisions supporting those ideologies.
15. Systematically weakening fundamental human rights globally and the Bill of Rights of the US Constitution within the US enabling US forces to unlawfully seize individuals in 100 countries, including US citizens and arrest thousands of aliens in the US and hold them, transport them, torture many, deny all access to courts to determine the legality of such seizures, arrest and treatment.
16. Making Guantanamo [the US Naval Base at Guantanamo Bay] a symbol of US power to imprison and abuse persons on the soil of a foreign sovereign nation, Cuba, against its will and to publicize US contempt for human rights by displaying its power to arbitrarily seize, confine and abuse persons without revealing who they are, any charges against them, or what their future may be, placing U.S. power above all laws, international and national, and beyond the reach of all courts, including those of the US.
17. Giving economic preferences to favored corporations and business interests to extract enormous profits in both war and peace sectors of the economy from impoverished Iraq and US taxpayers.
18. Systematically utilizing, controlling, directing, manipulating, misinforming and restricting press and media coverage and deliberately presenting false and misleading reports to obtain support for US military and political and actions; and to deprive the American people of knowledge essential to develop an informed opinion , which is essential to democratic processes and elections.
19. All for the purpose of dominating, controlling, and exploiting Iraq and other non compliant nations by military force and economic coercion. In addition to full accountability for the foregoing crimes and full reparation to victims, the offenses constitute “high Crimes and Misdemeanors” under Article II, Section 4 of the Constitution of the United States requiring the removal from office of all the participating civil Officers of the United States upon impeachment for and conviction for their acts.
Dated: August 5, 2004 Ramsey Clark
Help is needed to cover the enormous expenses of the Tribunal, including airfare for international witnesses, housing, renting the auditorium, printing research and educational material, and other needs. Please consider helping by donating online (http://www.peoplejudgebush.org/donate.shtml)
or by amking a check payable to: “People Judge Bush / IAC,” and sending it to : People Judge Bush, 39 W. 14 St. #206, New York, NY 10011.
Iraq War Crimes Tribunal Thursday, August 26 call 212-633-6646 for more information http://www.PeopleJudgeBush.org for more information Contribute to the War Crimes Tribunal: http://www.PeopleJudgeBush.org/donate.shtml
The International Action Center http://www.iacenter.org mail to:email@example.com
To Register: http://www.PeopleJudgeBush.org/register.shtml