Michael Elliott / Secret Evidence – 2004-09-28 22:56:57
On 9/11, 3000 people were murdered, and three years later, even with unlimited police state budgets, using torture and the Gulag, there is not one conviction!
There’s a pattern here: they make arrests with massive publicity and press conferences, but when the cases go to court, they have all fallen flat (to the point of derision by judges, or in one case, even by the prosecutor)!
We look at the detention and rendering of Maher Arar, the key trials of Lotfi Raissi in the UK, and Abdelghani Mzoudi in Germany, and what may be the trial of the century — despite the mass-media blackout — that of the so-called 20th hijacker, Zacarais Moussaoui.
The families of the victims of 9/11 all around the world want justice, as do all the other victims of the never-to-end War on Terror, and if justice is to be served, then any trial of anyone accused in the massacres of 9/11 must be a free, fair, open and credible trial.
It is not only that we hold the presumption of innocence so dear, no matter what the nature of the crime: open trials may be the only chance we have of finding out what is really happening.
The governments of Canada, Australia, the US and the UK have gone to extraordinary lengths to convince their respective publics that they need to roll back many the key judicial protections of the Common Law dating back to Magna Carta in their fight against a perfect enemy, but the tall tales that they spun in major terrorism cases dissolved into nothingness the moment any light was shed on it.
In fact, the governments have little to show for it other than life sentences for Muslims playing paint-ball:
• In Arar’s case, there was no evidence at all, and they rendered him for torture based on information from someone who had been tortured.
• In Lofti Raissi’s case, there was no evidence at all, and no replacement for the role of trainer of the 9/11 hijackers has been put forward.
• In Mzoudi’s case, they failed to get a conviction, even though he was the roommate of the supposed ringleader of 9/11, when the US government produced no evidence in court.
• The evidence they were going to use against Mzoudi, and will use against Moussaoui, is from people held in the Gulag that may be dead, not captured, or who never even existed,
• FBI field agents felt that FBI headquarters were actually working for Osama bin Laden.
• Moussaoui says the FBI directly took part in the conspiracy of September 11.
Abu Zubaydah, the most senior “Al Qaida” official captured thus far in the “War on Terror”, says that they had nothing to do with 9/11, which is disconcerting to say the least for those who believe in the Ali Bin Laden and the 20 Hijackers fairy tale of 9/11.
Moussaoui has demanded that he be produced from where he is being held in the American Gulag, to testify at his trial, but the government is invoking Ashcroft’s infamous “enemy combatant” magic that makes all Common Law and International Treaty Law simply disappear, to claim that anything the detainees have said, or will ever say, is classified!
It’s not just that the ability to use Secret Evidence tempts the governments operating in the shadows to use torture, to destroy any concept of privacy, and/or to violate the hard-earned democratic rights going all the way back to Magna Carta. Using Secret Evidence, they can fabricate legends, and there is no mechanism in place for so-called democracies to know what’s really happening. They can conjure up “enemies” using testimony from people that may be dead, not in custody, or not even exist.
And if Moussaoui is right, by using Secret Evidence, the Shadow Government will obscure the fact that 9/11 was an Inside Job.
Sisyphus Press, PO Box 10495, College, Pa. 16805-0495