Progressive Democrats of America – 2005-03-09 09:22:58
THURSDAY: National Call-in Day Opposing Iraq War Funding
This Thursday, March 10, 2005, the House Appropriations Committee will vote on Bush’s proposed supplemental increase of eighty billion dollars ($80,000,000,000.00) for the Iraq war. This is in addition to the 160 billion ($160,000,000,000.00) already misspent and wasted.
This request is in addition to the $2.5 trillion budget he proposed to Congress a few weeks ago, a budget that dramatically slashes domestic social programs and increases military spending.
The new supplemental request will add $80 billion to the more than $151
billion already appropriated for the Iraq War.
We need to send a clear message to Congress that no more money should go toward waging war in Iraq.
Instead, the US must end the occupation, bring our troops home, and support Iraqi sovereignty.
• Please ask your friends, family, co-workers, and allies to write their Congress members immediately urging them to vote AGAINST the Bush plan. It is easy to do, very effective!! Demand that any new funds approved be allocated solely for troop withdrawal and interim troop protection.
• Call your Senators and Representatives at 202-224-3121.
• In addition, please ask your Congresspeople to support amendments to the appropriations bill that call for an end to the occupation and support for Iraqi sovereignty, such as Representative Lynn Woolsey’s (D-CA) House Resolution (H.Con.Res.35) to End the US Occupation of Iraq.
Our Representatives and Senators need to hear from the grassroots!
• A DVD featuring Tom Hayden’s key-note address, “Stop The Funding of Iraq
War,” to the Western Regional Forum in Phoenix is now available.
This DVD is a perfect tool for local groups to use in organizational
meetings and house-party fundraisers. For more info on the DVD visit
• Watch Tom Hayden DVD speech online with free RealPlayer:
THE INTERNET IS TRANSFORMING POLITICS. Every Democratic official, candidate, and advocacy group should maintain a campaign web site and e-mail list to build a powerful network for change. Let Democrats.com show you the way! Visit http://campaign.democrats.com or mailto:email@example.com