Scoop.co (New Zealand) – 2007-06-19 23:01:09
VANCOUVER (June 11, 2007) — Leuren Moret, Expert Witness at the 2004 Tokyo International Tribunal for War Crimes in Afghanistan and former Environmental Commissioner of the City of Berkeley, CA, will speak publicly for the first time in Canada, and address the Vancouver 9/11 Truth Conference on June 22-24, 2007 on the serious public health risk to Canada and the world posed by the use of Depleted Uranium (DU) weapons by the US military forces in Iraq, Yugoslavia and Afghanistan. Israel dropped over 4000 DU bunker-buster bombs on Lebanon in July 2006.
In April 2007, Leuren Moret exposed the US military’s illegal use of Depleted Uranium (DU) weapons in target practice in Hawaii, in violation of US military regulations. The elevated radiation readings she recorded were carried by ABC-TV news in Hawaii on April 29 & 30, 2007.
DU & 9/11
Leuren Moret reported similar elevated radiation readings downwind from the Pentagon in Washington, DC on September 11, 2001. Two days after 9/11, the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) confirmed that the crash site rubble was radioactive and that it was probably Depleted Uranium (DU) contaminating the Pentagon crash site rubble.
The entry and exit holes through the Pentagon crash site were the signature of a kinetic energy penetrator, such as a Cruise missile, and the term “punch-out hole” was written by crash site investigators over the exit hole.
This is a military term used for kinetic energy penetrators. Major Doug Rokke, former Director of the Gulf War I DU Cleanup Team, reported that an email from the Pentagon 30 minutes after impact confirmed a Cruise missile hit the Pentagon on 9/11.
Recently vast Uranium deposits have been reported in Khazakstan and Afghanistan. Khazakstan is expected to out-produce Canada in Uranium production within 12 years. This exposes the economic interests behind the events of 9/11, specifically the unjustified military attack by the US on Afghanistan using 9/11 as a pretext.
PUBLIC HEALTH EFFECTS OF DEPLETED URANIUM (DU)
The demonstrated public health effects of Depleted Uranium (DU) weapons include: Diabetes; Cancer; Birth defects; Chronic diseases caused by neurological and neuromuscular radiation damage; Mitochondrial diseases (Chronic fatigue syndrome, Lou Gehrig’s, Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s; Heart and brain disorders); Global DNA damage in men’s sperm; Infertility in women; Learning disabilities such as autism, and dyslexia; Mental Illness; Infant mortality and low birth weights; Increase in death rates and decrease in birth rates.
Leuren Moret and Alfred Lambremont Webre, JD, MEd, of the Institute for Cooperation in Space (ICIS) will also address the issue of the illegal use of Canadian Uranium in US Depleted Uranium (DU) weapons world-wide. Canada is the world’s largest exporter of Uranium, and supplies 30% of the world’s uranium. 60% of Canadian Uranium is exported to the USA.
According to experts such as Dr. Rosalie Bertell, the preponderant majority of Depleted Uranium in US DU weapons used in the Iraq War I (1991); Balkans War (1998); the Iraq No Fly Zone (1991-2003); the Afghanistan War (2001-2007); and Iraq War II (2003-2007) is of Canadian origin, in non-compliance with Canadian law.
The regulations of the Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission and the Canada-US Nuclear Cooperation Agreement prohibit the use of Canadian uranium in weapons, including DU weapons.
Depleted Uranium and DU weapons are already prohibited as Weapons of Mass Destruction under existing international conventions and treaties, including the 1925 Geneva Poison Gas Protocol.
According to an August 2002 report by the UN Sub-commission, laws which are breached by the use of DU shells include:
• The Universal Declaration of Human Rights;
• the Charter of the United Nations;
• the Genocide Convention;
• the Convention Against Torture;
• the four Geneva Conventions of 1949;
• the Conventional Weapons Convention of 1980; and
• the Hague Conventions of 1899 and 1907, which expressly forbid employing ‘poison or poisoned weapons’ and ‘arms, projectiles or materials calculated to cause unnecessary suffering’.
All of these laws are designed to spare civilians from unwarranted suffering in armed conflicts.”
Atomic weapons, Depleted Uranium poison gas weapons and the first Agent Orange prototype were developed in World War Two under the Manhattan Project to target civilian populations, for the specific purpose of depopulation. The global pollution of the atmosphere, with Depleted Uranium radioactive poison gas since 1991, is causing a global epidemic of chronic illnesses, which will contribute to extensive depopulation and ecological destruction. This is newly defined as Omnicide.
Depopulation became the top US National Security priority detailed in the “Global 2000” Report written by Henry Kissinger, Z. Brzezinski, Gen. Alexander B. Haig, and Sen Edward Muskie for Pres. Jimmy Carter. This National Security Policy of Depopulation is now being carried out by means of global low level radioactive DU pollution.
The result, an increase in death rates and decrease in birth rates, will achieve the goals of maximizing profits and concentrating wealth upwards, for the benefit of an international War Crimes Racketeering Organization.
Joining Leuren Moret on a Special Panel on Depleted Uranium (DU) will be Dr. Bill Deagle, a medical toxicologist experienced in DU and environmental health; Dennis Kyne, a former Gulf War I US military combat veteran with DU exposure, author and leader in revealing the Depleted Uranium scandal, and Alfred Lambremont Webre, JD, MEd, International Director of the Institute for Cooperation in Space (ICIS).
International Citizen’s 9/11 War Crimes Tribunal
Alfred Webre, an international lawyer and Member of the Pro Tem Committee for the Kuala Lumpur International War Crimes Tribunal to be held in 2008, will address the Vancouver 9/11 Truth Conference, on the issue of “The 9/11 False Flag Operation as a War Crime under International Law.”
9/11 was a pretext to engage in Genocidal & Ecocidal Depleted Uranium (DU) bombing of Central Asia (Afghanistan and Iraq). In order to prosecute the 9/11 perpetrators under the 9/11 Independent Prosecutors Act, Alfred Webre and Leuren Moret will call for the establishment of an International Citizen’s 9/11 War Crimes Tribunal to prosecute President George W. Bush, Vice President Richard B. Cheney, Secretary of Defense, Donald H. Rumsfeld and other Jane and John Does for War Crimes under the Geneva Conventions, including Genocide, Crimes Against Humanity and Crimes Against Peace.
The International Citizen’s 9/11 War Crimes Tribunal would be convened under the jurisdiction of the Kuala Lumpur International War Crimes Tribunal, established in February 2007 as a permanent citizen’s Tribunal by The Perdana Global Peace Organization, chaired by Tun Dr. Mahathir bin Mohamad, former Prime Minister of Malaysia, who is the first prominent world leader to take up the DU radiation issue.
The 9/11 Truth Conference: Canada, 9/11 and the New World Order brings together over 18 international speakers on issues:
• The History of False Flag Terrorism by governments and intelligence agencies to justify military interventions, spending, and extraordinary domestic measures.
• Canada’s participation in the War On Terror and in Afghanistan, and that country’s real relationship to 9/11.
• Solid Scientific and Historical Evidence that directly contradicts the Official Narrative of 9/11
• Gatekeeping: Suppression of information by the mass media, political parties, authors and political commentators.
• The importance, methods and means of 9/11 Truth Activism
• The use of Depleted Uranium (DU) Weapons and their effects on local populations, soldiers and the world, as well Canada’s role in producing such weapons.
• Canadian Pension Funds at the Provincial and Federal levels are heavily invested in the US military-industrial complex. Taking the profit out of war is the most effective way to support peace. It is mandatory that Pension funds be divested from the war machine.
• Preventing the Weaponization of Space through an international Space Preservation Treaty-signing with a caucus of five or more progressive nations, the 178 Nations which voted against the weaponization of space at the 2006 U.N. General Assembly.
• Globalization and “New World Order” agenda for Canada and the world. The emerging culture of surveillance of ordinary citizens in Canada and worldwide.
• The S.P.P. (Security and Prosperity Partnership) between the USA, Canada and Mexico, which many contend is a blueprint for a North American Union (without citizen input nor public debate), as well as the fate of democracy, sovereignty, civil rights, Canadian culture, and our national identity.
Vancouver 9/11 Truth Conference 9/11 Independent Prosecutor Act
• KITV Hawaii – Depleted Uranium Hawaii (2 Mins 33 Seconds)
• Leuren Moret – Bio
• Leuren Moret – Expert Testimony at the Tokyo International Tribunal for War Crimes in Afghanistan
• DU: Dirty Bombs, Missiles, Bullets by Leuren Moret
• DU: Occupational Hazards of War by Dr. Rosalie Bertell