Fusion & Peter Phillips & Test Tube News / Seeker Daily – 2016-12-02 00:07:31
Special to Environmentalist Against War
How Many Countries is the US Currently Bombing?
Fusion / October 27, 2016
First They Came for Yugoslavia
COPENHAGEN, Denmark (November 25, 2016) — Dear Americans:
I understand some of you are very worried about the election of Donald Trump. But I want you think about this:
* First they went for Yugoslavia, and you didn’t worry: a country died.
* Then they went for Afghanistan and you didn’t worry: 220,000 Afghans have died.
* Then, they went for Iraq, and you didn’t worry: 1 million Iraqis died.
* Then they went for Libya, and you didn’t worry: 30,000 to 50,000 people died. Did you worry when Qaddafi was murdered with a bayonet up his rectum? No. And someone even laughed.
* Then they went for Ukraine, and you didn’t worry: 10,000 people died and are dying.
* Then they went for Syria, and you didn’t worry: 250,000 people died.
* Then they went for Yemen: over 6,000 Yemenis have been killed and another 27,000 wounded. According to the UN, most of them are civilians. Ten million Yemenis don’t have enough to eat, and 13 million have no access to clean water. Yemen is highly dependent on imported food, but a U.S.-Saudi blockade has choked off most imports. The war is ongoing.
*Then there is Somalia, and you don’t worry.
*Then there are the countries that reaped the fallout from the collapse of Libya. Weapons looted after the fall of Gaddafi fuel the wars in Mali, Niger, and the Central African Republic.
* Now you are worried about yourselves, but there are only the dead and their survivors left for whom you didn’t speak up for.
* Give me one reason why anybody should worry about you, who seem to believe that only you count because you are Americans.
My very best wishes for your precious safety and comfort and may you continue to look in the mirror and see no one there.
Trust me, a mirror does not lie.
One who does not worry about you.
Which Countries Has The US Invaded?
Test Tube News / Seeker Daily
The United States has performed military operations in more than a dozen foreign countries. So which countries has the U.S. invaded since the Cold War?
Instances of Use of United States
Armed Forces Abroad, 1798-2015
This report lists hundreds of instances in which the United States has used its Armed Forces abroad in situations of military conflict or potential conflict or for other than normal peacetime purposes.
Decision to Intervene:
How the War in Bosnia Ended
For over four years following the breakup of Yugoslavia and the onset of war, first in Croatia and then in Bosnia, the United States refused to take the lead in trying to end the violence and conflict.
SEAL Team 6: A Secret History
Of Quiet Killings and Blurred Lines
The unit best known for killing Osama bin Laden has been converted into a global manhunting machine with limited outside oversight.