teleSur – 2018-09-18 22:22:41
Evo Morales To Marco Rubio:
US is The Real Global Threat, Not Venezuela
(September 1, 2018) — President Evo Morales denounces Senator Marco Rubio’s threat of using the ‘Empire’s army against the people of Venezuela because he assumes a threat against the security of the US.’
Bolivian President Evo Morales said Friday, on Twitter, that “the US is the real threat to humankind,” responding to Senator Marco Rubio’s talk of using the US Armed Forces against the Venezuelan Government as it “has become a threat for the region and even for the United States.”
Morales said: “Senator Marco Rubio, warns of using the Empire’s army against the people of Venezuela because he assumes a “threat” against the security of the US.” The Bolivian president remarked that is the US is the real threat to the world’s people, citing “its history of interventionism and military coups d’etat in the world.”
The Florida Republican senator made the comments after meeting with national security advisor for the Donald Trump Administration, John Bolton, at the White House Wednesday.
“I believe that the United States Armed Forces are only used in case of a threat to national security. I think there is an argument, very strong, that can be used at this moment that Venezuela has become a threat to the region and even to the United States.”
Earlier this year, in February, Rubio made a similar statement, encouraging the Venezuelan Army to overthrow the Nicolas Maduro-led Bolivarian government.
“The world would support the Armed Forces in #Venezuela if they decide to protect the people & restore democracy by removing a dictator,” Rubio said, in a tweet, on Feb. 9.
On Saturday, Jun. 16, Bolivian President Evo Morales forcefully stated that Latin America â€œis no longer the United Statesâ€™ backyard,â€ while denouncing the United States’ attempt to convince its South American allies to help orchestrate a military intervention or coup in Venezuela.
‘We Are No Longer Your Backyard’:
Bolivia’s Evo Morales Condemns US
Interventionism in Venezuela, Latin America
(June 16, 2018) — The Bolivian President warned that the United States is trying to orchestrate a military coup in Venezuela.
Bolivian President Evo Morales said Saturday that Latin America â€œis no longer the United Statesâ€™ backyardâ€ while denouncing the United States’ attempt to convince its South American allies to help it orchestrate a military intervention or coup in Venezuela.
In an interview with news agency EFE, Morales explained that several Latin American leaders have confided in him that US Vice president Mike Pence is â€œtrying to convince some United States-friendly countriesâ€ help them seize control of the South American country and replace the current government led by Nicolas Maduro.
The real target, Morales explained, is not the Venezuelan president but â€œVenezuelan oil, and Venezuelans know that.”
Drawing parallels to 2011 military intervention in Libya, Morales said the US isn’t interested in helping with alleged humanitarian crisis since, despite the current political and social turmoil in Libya, the US will not intervene there since “the countryâ€™s oil is now owned by the US and some European oil companies,â€ Morales asserted.
“One military intervention (in the region) would only create another armed conflict,â€ he added pointing to Colombiaâ€™s membership in the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) as a general sign of an escalation of “military aggression to all Latin America and the Caribbeanâ€ region.
Morales explained, however, that US interventionism is not only militaristic.
â€œWhen there are no military coups, they seek judicial or congressional coupsâ€ as in the case of former Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff’s impeachment and the Luiz Inacio Lula da Silvaâ€™s imprisonment, which is barring him from running in the upcoming 2018 elections.
â€œI am certain we will free Lula. If he returns, some countries in Latin America will again strengthen the ideological, programmatic and liberation struggle against the North American empire,â€ Morales said.
Meanwhile, Honduran President Ricardo Maduro Had a Message for Donald Trump
US Refuses to Accept Honduran Election Results
Posted in accordance with Title 17, Section 107, for noncommercial, educational purposes.