Tallying the Casualties from Ten Days of Bombardment
International Middle East Media Center
(May 22, 3021) — The IMEMC has been trying to keep track of all of the Palestinians and Israelis killed from May 10th to 20th during the massive bombardment of Gaza.
Here is the list of casualties we have thus far – and this will be added to as we find more names and ages (5/10 – 5/15 are more comprehensive, we are still adding more names to 5/16 – 20).
- Yousef Mohammed ‘Abed al-Qader Abu Hussain (33), an al-Aqsa Radio announcer, was killed while the 4th and 5th floors in the targeted building were destroyed. Also, the Israeli warplanes fired a missile at Yousef Abu Hussein’s car, which was parked in front of his house, destroying 3 other civilian vehicles parked in the area.
- Omar Mohammed Ameen al-Mankoush (20) was killed when Israeli warplanes fired a missile at the upper floors of Zo’rob building in al-Rimal neighborhood
- Islam Wael Burnat, 16, from Bil’in village
- Adham Fayez Mousa Kashef, 20, was killed by Israeli army fire at the northern entrance of al-Biereh city, near Ramallah. Adham was from Um ash-Sharayet neighborhood in al-Biereh city
- Mohammad Ishaq Hmeid, 25
- Islam Ghayyad Mohammad Zahda, 32 – Hebron
- ‘Alaa Mohammed al-Bahri (20), succumbed to wounds he sustained on 13 May 2021 near Tower No. (19) in al-Nada Towers in ‘Izbet Beit Hanoun.
- ‘Ammar ‘Abdullah Fawzi al-Deder (31) was killed as he sustained shrapnel wounds throughout his body when Israeli warplanes fired a missile at a group of citizens in Jabalia
- Mohammed Ramadan Omar Ishtawi’s (19) house. As a result, Ishtawi was killed when he was in his family’s agricultural land behind his house in southern Gaza City.
- Mena Eyad Fathi Sharir (2), succumbing to wounds she sustained in an Israeli airstrike that destroyed her family’s house on their heads on al-Nafaq Street on 11 May 2021. It should be noted that Menna’s father, mother, and her sister were killed in that airstrike as well.
- Sa’diya Yousef Hussain Abu Gharara (57) in Rafah died of a heart attack when Israeli warplanes launched 15 missiles at streets, agricultural lands and military sites, north, east and west of Rafah, causing fear and panic among citizens in Rafah
- Ahmad Khalil al-Louh, 32, killed by drone missiles, Sabra neighborhood – Gaza city.
- Ziad Abu Dayer, killed in his home in the Shawwa Building, al-Wihda – Gaza city.
- Rafif Ziad Abu Dyar, 11, killed in his home in the Shawwa Building, al-Wihda – Gaza city.
- Ziad Abu Dyar, (Rafif’s father).
- Mohammad Nazeer Abu al-‘Oun, 18, Beit Lahia.
- Ahmad Ziyad Hussein Sabbah, 28 – Beit Lahia
- Mohammad Husam Abu Sam’aan, assassinated in a car in Tal al-Hawa – Gaza.
- Mohammad Jamal Abu Samaan, 27, assassinated in a car in Tal al-Hawa – Gaza.
- Ali Waleed Breis, 31, assassinated in a car in Tal al-Hawa – Gaza.
- Husam Abu Harbeed, killed by an Israeli missile in his home near Abu Haseera Junction, Gaza city.
- Yahia Mansour Ghaben, 22, died of serious wounds suffered three days earlier west of Beit Hanoun when Israeli soldiers fired artillery shells at farmers near the American Hospital in northern Gaza.
- Ahmad Fayez Arafat, was killed by missile from Israeli drone in Abasan – Khan Younis.
- Yousef Rafiq al-Baz, 13, was killed, his brother, Ramadan, 16, was wounded
37 killed in the bombing of al-Wihda Street in al-Rimal, Gaza City
- Riyad Hasan IshKinatna, and her five children
- Dr. Mo’in Ahmad Al-Aloul, 66 years old – a neurologist and brain specialist
- Luay Mohammad Oudeh, 54 years old
- Hazem Adel Al-Qama, 48 years old
- Dr. Ayman Abu Al-Auf, 50 years old and his children
- Tala Ayman Abu Al-Auf, 12
- Tawfiq Ayman Abu Al-Auf, 18
- Omar Ayman Abu Al-Auf
- Rawan Ala’ Abu Al-Auf, 19 years old
- Shaimaa Ala’ Abu Al-Auf.
- Tawfiq Ismael Abu al-Auf
- Sabha Isamel Abu Al-Auf
- Majdiyya Abu Al-Auf. (Tawfiq’s wife)
- Ayman Tawfiq Abu Al-Auf
- Reem Ahmad Abu Al-Auf. (Ayman’s wife)
- Raja’ Sobhi Abu Al-Auf.
- Dima Rami (al-Efranji) Aba Al-Auf. (Raja’s daughter), 16
- Mira Rami Abu Al-Auf. (Raja’s daughter)
- Yazan Rami Abu Al-Auf. (Raja’s son)
- Amir Rami Abu Al-Auf. (Raja’s son)
- Amal Jamil Al-Kulk, 34 years old
- Sameh Fawaz Al-Kulk, 28 years old
- Saadia Youssef Al-Kulk, 28 years old
- Izzat Moeen Al-Kulk, 44 years old
- Adham Ezzat Al-Kulk, 3 years old
- Qusay Sameh Al-Kulk, 1 year old
- Abdul Hamid Fawaz Al-Kulk, 22 years old
- Amin Mohammad Al-Kulk, 85 years old
- Mohammad Awni Al-Kulk, 17 years old
- Ayat Ibrahim Al-Kulk, 19 years old
- Ahmad Shukri Al-Kulk, 17 years old
- Reham Fawaz Al-Kulk, 30 years old
- Fawaz Shukri Al-Kulk, 55 years old
- Shaher Abu Khadija, 41, Sheikh Jarrah – from the neighborhood of Kafr Aqeb north of Jerusalem
- Yasin Hasan Yassin Hamad, 26, from Saida town, north of Tulkarem.
- Hussein Atiya at-Teety, 26, Hebron
1. Maha Mohammad Abd al-Aal al-Hadidi (Abu Hatab), and her children :
2. Suhaib Muhammad al-Hadidi (14 years),
3. Yahya Mohammad al-Hadidi (11 years),
- Abd al-Rahman Mohammad al-Hadidi (8 years)
- and Osama Mohammad al-Hadidi (6 years)
- Hussein Atiya at-Teety, 26, from the al-Fawwar refugee camp. Killed in Hebron
- Yasin Hasan Yassin Hamad, 26, from Saida town, north of Tulkarem.
- 50 year old man, Ramat Gan. Killed by rocket that struck his apartment.
May 14 (44 killed)
- Lamia’ Hasan Mohammad Attar, 27, was killed by Israeli missiles that struck her home in Beit Lahia, in northern Gaza, along with her 3 children namely
- Islam (8),
- Amira (7),
- and Mohammed Zain al-Dein (8 months)
- Siham Yousef Mohammad Rantisi, 66, was killed by Israeli missiles that struck her home in the al-Jneina neighborhood in Rafah.
- Shaima’ Diab Mohammad Rantisi, 21, was killed by Israeli missiles that struck her home in the al-Jneina neighborhood in Rafah.
- Bothaina Mahmoud Obeid, 7, who was killed when shrapnel of an Israeli missile struck her in the head when the army fired missiles near her family’s home.
- They added that two young men, in their twenties, were killed by a missile fired by an Israeli military drone east of Jabalia, in northern Gaza. The attack also caused many injuries.
- Another young man, in his twenties, was killed, and one was seriously injured, when an Israeli drone fired a missile into an area east of Abasan town, east of Khan Younis.
- A child, identified as Mahmoud Hamed Hasan Talba, 13,
- in addition to Abdul-Rahman Estbeita, 34, were killed when the army bombarded homes in the Zeitoun neighborhood in Gaza city.
- two Palestinian women, identified as Sabreen Nasser Mohammad Abu Dayya, 27,
- and Ni’ma Saleh Ayyash, 47,
- and a man, Hashem Mohammad Zogheibi, 20, were killed when the army fired missiles at homes in Um an-Nasser village, in northern Gaza.
- Nisreen Nasser Abu Qleiq, 25 – In Beit Hanoun, in northern Gaza, destroying an entire neighborhood, killing many Palestinians, and injuring dozens.
- Soheib Abdul-Rahim Awad Ghanem, 25.
- An infant, identified as Hoor Zamily, 18 months, was also killed by Israeli missiles targeting homes in Khan Younis, in southern Gaza.
- Mahmoud Mohammad Al-Madhoun, 30, was pronounced dead from his wounds at Al-Shifa Hospital. Al-Madhoun sustained a shrapnel injury to his head as he stood at the entrance of his house when an Israeli airstrike hit adjacent land.
- At 8:20pm, Ahmad Mohammed Al-Nader, 32, and
- Ahmad Awad Al-Nader, 36, were pronounced dead on arrival at Gaza’s Indonesia Hospital, having been recovered by rescue crews by the Palestinian Civil Defense. Both men had been killed in an Israeli airstrike on agricultural land earlier that day
- Sa’id Abu Ghalyoun, 30, was killed in a vehicle north of Gaza City that was targeted for a missile strike by the Israeli air force
- Dr. Issa Barham, 40, a District Attorney with the Palestinian Public Prosecution Department, in Abu Sbeih Mountain in his town of Beita, southeast of Nablus.
- Malek Hamdan, 22, shot with live rounds to the chest, before he succumbed to his wounds in a hospital in Nablus.
- Husam Asayra, 20, with a live round to the chest, during protests that took place after the soldiers invaded Asira al-Qibliya village and attacked protesters.
- Nidal Sayel Safadi, 30, after shooting him with a live round – Orif village
- Mohammad Rawhi Hammad, 30, after he reportedly attempted to ram soldiers with his car. The Palestinian is from Silwad town, northeast of Ramallah.
- Yousef Mahdi Nawasra, 27, from Fahma village, southwest of the northern West Bank city of Jenin, during protests near the Dothan Israeli military roadblock
- Sharif Khaled Salman, 37, Marda village, Salfit – Sharif had not been participating in protests, but was standing outside his home when he was shot by invading Israeli forces
- Awad Ahmad Harb, 27, in Iskaka village, east of Salfit.
- Ismael Jamal at-Tubasi, 23, shot with a live round to the head in ar-Reehiyya village, south of the southern West Bank city of Hebron, and attacked dozens of residents, in addition to firing many live rounds at them
- Mohammad Adel Abu Shqeir, 20, from the al-Qasab neighborhood, during protests that took place at the entrance of the city of Jericho
- Nizar Nidal Ma’rouf Abu Zeina, 22, with a live round in the chest, causing a very serious injury, before he was rushed to Thabet Thabet hospital, in Tulkarem, where he died of his wounds despite efforts to save his life.
Mohammad Tahhan, 21, from the town of Adloun. He died at Marjayoun Governmental Hospital after he was injured by Israeli fire.
- Hammad Ayyad
- Hala Hussein Rafat ar-Reefy, 14
- Khaled ‘Emad Khaled al-Qanou’ (17), from Beit Hanoun
- Suhaib ‘Abed al-Raheem ‘Awad Ghanem (25)
- Abdul-Rahim Mohammad al-Madhoun, 63, and
- Hajar Abdul-Razeq al-Madhoun, 60, were killed in the Jabalia refugee camp.
- Rafat Mohammad at-Tanani, 39
- His wife Rawiyia Fathi Hasan al-Tanani (36) and their children
- Amir Rafat Mohammad Tanani, 6
- Ismail Rafat at-Tanani, 7
- Adham Rafat at-Tanani, 6
- Mohammad Rafat at-Tanani, 3
- Another Palestinian, identified as Osama Jamal Zibda, 33, was killed in an Israeli bombardment of Beit Hanoun. His father, Jamal Mohammad Zibda, 65, was killed a day earlier.
- Nisreen Naser Mohammed Abu Qleeq (25) – killed at approximately 18:30, Israeli artillery violently fired many shells at the areas adjacent to border fence in northern Beit Hanoun, northern Um al-Naser Bedouin village, and north and northwest of Beit Lahia. The Israeli shelling continued until 20:30 on the same day. As a result, 6 civilians, from Um al-Naser Bedouin village, were killed, including an infant, a girl and 3 women, after their houses were targeted without a prior warning.
- , Ni’ma Saleh Salama ‘Ayyash (47),
- Hashim Mohammed ‘Ayed al-Zugheibi (20),
- Sabreen Naser Mohammed Abu Dayyah (27);
- Mohammed Salamah Mohammed Abu Dayah (10 months),
- and Fawziyia Naser Mohammed Abu Fares (17)
- Wala’ Mohammad Ibrahim Amen, 24, was killed by Israeli missiles that struck her home in Beit Lahia, in northern Gaza. She was 6-months pregnant
- Warda Mohammad Ibrahim Amen, 22, was killed by Israeli missiles that struck her home in Beit Lahia, in northern Gaza.
- Hadeel Mohammad Ibrahim Amen, 18, was killed by Israeli missiles that struck her home in Beit Lahia, in northern Gaza.
- Mohammad Ibrahim Mohammad Amen, 51, was killed by Israeli missiles that struck his home in Beit Lahia, in northern Gaza. As a result, four were killed, a father and his 3 daughters, one of them was pregnant. Furthermore, 27 civilians were wounded, including 6 women and 10 children, while 3 houses sheltering 91 civilians, including 24 women and 41 children, were completely destroyed, and nearby houses sustained partial damage.
- Faiza Ahmed Mohammed Salama (45) was killed, and the owner of the house and his son were injured. Additionally, the violent airstrikes destroyed many houses, especially on al-Ba’li Street in central Beit Hanoun and terrified civilians in the northern Gaza Strip, particularly children and women.
- Ahmad Rami Mahmoud al-Hawajri, 15,
- and Moayyad Taiseer Abdul-Rahman al-Omar, 20, killed in the al-Boreij refugee camp, in central Gaza.
- Mustafa Hasan Ahmad al-Abed al-Omar, 35, was killed by Israeli missiles that struck his home in Tal al-Hawa, in Gaza city.
- Lina Mohammad Mahmoud al-Omar, 13, was killed by Israeli missiles that struck her home in the al-Boreij refugee camp, in central Gaza. At approximately 16:30, Israeli warplanes launched a missile at a house belonging to Mohammed Mahmoud Mohammed ‘Issa (42) from al-Bureij refugee camp. As a result, his wife and daughter were killed
- Manar Khader Ahmad Issa al-Omar, 39, was killed by Israeli missiles that struck her home in the al-Boreij refugee camp, in central Gaza.
- Faiza Ahmad Mohmmad al-Omar, 45, was killed by Israeli missiles that struck her home in the al-Boreij refugee camp, in central Gaza.
- Mohammad Khaled at-Tawashi, 27, was killed in an Israeli bombardment in Deir al-Balah.
- At approximately 19:40, Israeli warplanes launched a missile at a 2-storey house belonging to Jamal Isma’il Soliman al-Zamli in al-Tannour neighborhood. As a result, his granddaughter Hoor Mo’men Jamal al-Zamli (3)
- and her mother Kholoud Fo’ad Farhan al-Zamli (27), who was 6-month pregnant. Moreover, 7 others were variously wounded, including 3 children and 3 women. All of them were taken to Abu Yousif Al-Najjar Hospital to receive treatment.
- At approximately 20:20, Israeli warplanes launched a missile at a 3-storey house belonging to Yousif Ibrahim al-Rantisi (‘Azarah) and his brothers in al-Juneinah neighborhood. As a result, the mother, her grandson, her son and his wife were killed. Those killed were identified as Siham Yousif Mohammed al-Rantisi (66)
- her 2-year-old grandson Ibrahim Mohammed Ibrahim al-Rantisi;
- her son Ra’ed Ibrahim Khamis al-Rantisi (29)
- and his wife Shaimaa’ Diab Mohammed al-Rantisi (21.) Moreover, 15 others were wounded variously, including 7 children and 3 women. All of them were taken to Abu Yousif al-Najjar Hospital to receive treatment.
- Rashid Muhammad Abu Ara, 16 Tubas
- Mohammad Nahedh Abu Sakran, 26, Gaza city.
- Ahmad Ibrahim Abu Sakran, 65, Gaza city.
- Ammar Taiseer Mohammad al-’Amour, 11, Khan Younis.
- Hamada Ayed Atiya al-‘Amour, 13, Khan Younis.
- Sami Sa’id Mohammad al-‘Omar, 41, Gaza city.
- Tal’at Jamil Mahmoud Agha, 37, Gaza city.
- Waleed Mousa Khaled al-Omar, 56, Gaza city.
- Atef Abdul-Rahman Jom’a al-Omar al-Barawi, 47, Beit Lahia.
- Na’el Khaled Younis al-Omar, 22, Beit Lahia.
- Hammad Ayyad Mansour al-Omar, 86, Rafah.
- Mariam Mohammad Odah at-Tilbani, 3, Gaza city.
- Zeid Mohammad Odah at-Tilbani, 5, Gaza city.
- Mohammad Ahmad Abu Amsha, 40, Beit Hanoun.
- Ahmad Walid at-Talla’ al-Omar, 30, Nusseirat.
- Hamza Nasser, 11, Gaza city.
- Jamal Mohammad Sa’id Zibda, 65, Gaza city.
- Bassel Abdul-Karim Issa, Gaza city.
- Awad Nabil Abu Salmiya, 34. Gaza city.
- Mustafa Mazen Salem Kardiya, 32, Gaza city.
- Mahmoud Ahmad Abu Amer, 38, Khan Younis.
- Majed Abed-Rabbo Mahmoud Abu Sa’ada, 58, Khan Younis.
- Hadeel Khaled Arafa al-Omar, 27, Khan Younis.
- Miami Abdullah Arafa al-Omar, 49, Khan Younis.
- Mahmoud Kamil Kalousa, 29, Khan Younis.
- Bashar Ahmad Sammour, 17, Khan Younis.
- Yahia Mazen Khalifa, 14, was killed in an Israeli bombardment of homes in Gaza city.
- Wael Mahmoud Fares Al-Ghoula (47).
- Hala Hussein Ra’fat al-Rifi (13)
- Soumya Santosh, 31, from Kerala, India, killed May 12th in Ashkelon when a rocket hit the apartment where she worked as a homecare worker for an 80-year old Israeli woman. The woman she worked for was injured.
- Nela Gurevitch was killed by a rocket that hit her apartment building in Ashkelon. Her husband was lightly wounded by the rocket.
- Leah Yom-Tov was killed by a rocket that struck her home in Rishon Lezion.
- Khalil Awad and his teenage daughter Nadeen – killed by a rocket that hit their home in the unrecognized village of Dahmash near the city of Lod. They were Palestinians with Israeli citizenship, and their village, Dahmash, is ‘unrecognized’ by Israeli authorities so lacking in basic infrastructure. The town has no bomb shelters – they had requested funds from the Israeli government to build shelters, but were denied by the Central District Planning and Construction Committee.
- Staff Sergeant Omer Tabib – killed when an anti-tank missile hit his military jeep while he was on duty patrolling the Israel-Gaza border
- Ido Avigal, 5, was critically wounded Wednesday night when he was struck by shrapnel from a rocket that hit near a bomb shelter where he was hiding with his family. He died of his wounds several hours later
- Sameh Fahim Hashem al-Mamlouk, al-Rimal
- Kamal Taiseer Qreiqe’, 35, al-Rimal neighborhood in Gaza city
- Salim Mahmoud al-Farra, 37, Khan Younis
- Mohammad Saleem Abu al-Ata, 29, al-Rimal, Gaza City
- Mohammad Abdul-Rauf Hallas, Sheja’eyya, east of Gaza City – succumbing to wounds he sustained in an Israeli airstrike on a group of citizens near al-Korbah area at the end of Baghdad Street, east of al-Shuja’iyya neighborhood.
- Amira Abdul-Fattah Sobeh, 63, killed in her home in the Shati’ refugee camp.
- her son Abdul-Rahman Yousef Ali Sobeh, 19 (with cerebral palsy), killed in the same bombing.
- Eyad Fathi Fayeq Sharir, 35, a leader in the al-Qassam Brigades, killed at home, along with his daughter:
- Lina Eyad Fathi Sharir, 16, in the Sheikh Radwan neighborhood, in Gaza city.
- And his wife Layali Taha ‘Abbas Sharir (41)
- At approximately 10:00, an Israeli drone fired a missile at a civilian car near Hamouda intersection, east of Beit Lahia, north of the Gaza Strip. As a result, four were killed in the car and another one was wounded. Those killed were identified as: Tal’at Jameel Mahmoud Aghah (34),
- ‘Atif ‘Abed al-Rahman Jum’a al-Barawi (47)
- Nael Khaled Yunis al-Barawi (22)
- Wael Mahmoud Fares Al-Ghoula (47)
- Hamzah Mahmoud Yasin ‘Ali (12) after he succumbed to wounds he sustained in an Israeli airstrike on al- Shuja’iyya neighborhood in Gaza City, where he lived. Yassin sustained shrapnel wounds all over his body and underwent a surgery at the hospital, where he stayed in the Intensive Care Unit until he was pronounced dead.
- Rima Sa’ed Kamel Sa’ed al-Telbani (31) – At approximately 01:35, Israeli warplanes launched 2 missiles at a 4-storey residential building next to al-Yaziji Bakery in Tal al-Hawa neighborhood in Gaza city. As a result, five were killed, including a mother and her child and another girl living in a nearby building.
- her 5-year-old child Zaid Mohammed ‘Odah al-Telbani,
- Wael ‘Abdel Karim ‘Ali ‘Issa (41)
- Hasan Mohammed ‘Ali al-Qahwaji (43)
- At approximately 11:30, Israeli warplanes launched a missile at a civilian white Skoda car traveling on al-Moghrabi Street in central Gaza City. As a result, 6 were killed, including the driver, a man and his wife who were inside the car, a civilian in front of his house and 2 other passers-by. Those killed were identified as the driver Mustafa Mazen Salem Kurdiyah (22);
- Sa’id Hashim Sa’id al-Hatou (67)
- and his wife Maysoun Zaki Hashem al-Hatou (55);
- Mansour Yousif Hasan al-Dreimly (66), who was in front of his house in the area;
- and Nader Mohammed al-Ghazali (47)
- along with his nephew ‘Abdulsalam Mahmoud Nabih al-Ghazali (28), who were also from the same area. Moreover, the children of Sa’id al-Hatou, Mohammed and Yara, were wounded.
- At approximately 21:00 on Tuesday, 11 May 2021, Israeli warplanes launched at least a missile at an agricultural land, southwest of Deir al-Balah. As a result, 2 brothers were killed with shrapnel that hit different parts of their bodies when they were in a 14-dunum rented agricultural land that included 3 poultry farms, which belong to their father ‘Abdel Karim Mohammed Barakah and where they worked. The 2 killed were identified as Monther ‘Abdel Karim Mohamed Barakah (21)
- and his brother Manar (18), from al-Barouk neighborhood in Deir al-Balah. At approximately 22:00, their bodies were taken to al-Aqsa Martyrs Hospital.
- Mohammad Ali Mohammad Nosseir, Jabalia
- Mohammad Abdullah Zidan Fayyad, Jabalia
- Ibrahim Yousef Atallah al-Masri, 10 years old, Beit Hanoun
- Yazin Sultan Atallah al-Masri, 1-year-old, Beit Hanoun
- Marwan Yousef Atallah al-Masri, 6, Beit Hanoun
- Rahaf Mohammad Atallah al-Masri, 10-year-old girl, Beit Hanoun
- Ahmad Mohammad Atallah al-Masri, 20, Beit Hanoun
- Saber Ibrahim Suleiman, 39, Jabalia
- his son Mohammad, 16, Jabalia
- Esmat Sha’ban az-Zein, 49, Jabalia
- Mousa Khalil az-Zein, 19, Jabalia
- Zakariya Ziad Alloush, 18, Jabalia
- Bashir Mohammad Alloush, 56, Jabalia
- Raed al-‘Abed Abu Warda, 27, Jabalia
- Nabil No’man Dardouna, 24, Jabalia
- Mustafa Mohammad Obeid, 17, Jabalia
- Baraa’ Wisam Ahmad al-Gharabli (4) Jabalia
- Hussein Munir Hussein Hamad (11), Beit Hanoun
- Mohammed ‘Ali Mohammed Nasir (24) , Beit Hanoun
- Ibrahim ‘Abdullah Mohammed Hasanein (16)
Posted in accordance with Title 17, Section 107, US Code, for noncommercial, educational purposes