What Would a Total Nuclear War between China and the US Look Like?
(Apr 7, 2021) — This video analyzes the course of a hypothetical nuclear weapons exchange between China and the US. What sort of arsenal does each side have? What sort of defenses are in play? And just what kind of destruction would each side inflict on the other?
A US vs. Russia nuclear showdown video (going more in depth on the effects of a nuclear strike) can be watched below:
Music by Matija Malatestinic
A New Cold War against China Is Against the Interests of Humanity
(October 17, 2021) — We note the increasingly aggressive statements and actions being taken by the US government in regard to China. These constitute a threat to world peace and are an obstacle to humanity successfully dealing with extremely serious common issues which confront it such as climate change, control of pandemics, racist discrimination and economic development.
We therefore believe that any New Cold War would run entirely counter to the interests of humanity. Instead we stand in favour of maximum global cooperation in order to tackle the enormous challenges we face as a species.
We therefore call upon the US to step back from this threat of a Cold War and also from other dangerous threats to world peace it is engaged in including: withdrawal from the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces agreement; withdrawal from the Paris Climate Change Accords; and its increasing disengagement from UN bodies. The US should also stop pressuring other countries to adopt such dangerous positions.
We support China and the US basing their relations on mutual dialogue and centring on the common issues which unite humanity.
Initial Signatories – Organisations
- ANSWER coalition (US)
- Black Alliance for Peace (US)
- Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament (UK)
- Canadian Foreign Policy Institute
- Coalition Against US Foreign Military Bases Coalition
- CODEPINK (US)
- Cuban Movement for Peace and Sovereignty of the Peoples
- Environmentalists Against War
- Geopolitical Economy Research Group
- Hamilton Coalition to Stop the War (Canada)
- International Action Center (US)
- Mouvement de la Paix (France)
- No to War – No to NATO
- Peace for Okinawa Coalition
- Peace Alliance Winnipeg (Canada)
- Pivot to Peace (US)
- Simon Bolívar Institute for Peace and Solidarity Among Peoples (Venezuela)
- Society for Socialist Studies
- South African Peace Initiative
- Stop the War (UK)
- US Peace Council
- Vrede vzw (Belgium)