ACTION ALERT! Tell Your Representative to
Sign onto the War Powers Letter to Biden
RootsAction and Progressive Hub
(February 13, 2022) — It’s urgent that your representative in the House hear from you as a constituent — urging an immediate sign-on to the War Powers letter to President Biden that has been initiated by Congressmen Peter DeFazio (D-OR) and Warren Davidson (R-OH).
The letter says that “the American people, through their representatives in Congress, deserve to have a say before U.S. troops are placed in harm’s way or the U.S. becomes involved in yet another foreign conflict.”
ACTION: Please take action now.
As a constituent, I strongly urge you to sign the War Powers letter to President Biden that has been initiated by Congressmen Peter DeFazio and Warren Davidson. This is urgent. The stakes could not be higher, as Russia and the United States possess more than 90 percent of the world’s nuclear weapons. Please inform me, yes or no, as to whether you have signed the letter. (Note: It helps to use your own words in the subject line and text.)
Join The Effort To Prevent a US War In Ukraine!
We call upon President Biden to end the U.S. role in escalating the extremely dangerous tensions with Russia over Ukraine. It is gravely irresponsible for the president to participate in brinksmanship between two nations that possess 90 percent of the world’s nuclear weapons.
Take Action Now to help make sure there is #NoWarInUkraine for the U.S.
- Learn more about what’s happening in Ukraine
- Email the White House to Urge De-escalation
- Call Your Senators and Representative
- Sign the Petition to NATO Countries
- @NOWARINUKRAINE Social Media Toolkit
Tell President Biden to De-escalate Ukraine Conflict
We’re too close to war between the two nations with most of the nuclear weapons on Earth. It’s time to change course.
- The only sane course of action now is a commitment to genuine diplomacy with serious negotiations.
- Military escalation could easily spiral out of control to the point of pushing the world to the precipice of nuclear war.
- The U.S. government should agree to a long-term moratorium on any NATO expansion.
I urge you and Secretary Blinken to consider the reasonableness of Russia’s demands regarding Ukraine. The United States would not want missiles, troops, and war games on its border either. It’s time to move away from potential war between nuclear nations. Credibility is not achieved through violence, but through keeping one’s word and honoring treaties.